We invite you to submit proposals for workshops at the Empire State Association for Two-Year College Biologists (ESATYCB) annual meeting, to be held April 15-17, 2016 at Orange County Community College in Middletown, NY.
This year we focus on how we can make biology relevant to our students. The goal of the conference is to help you fill your teaching toolbox with techniques that will engage your students and invite them to think critically about subject matter in biology.
We are soliciting proposals for 1-2 hour workshops that address pedagogical techniques, assessment strategies, or cutting-edge content of interest to community college biologists. Workshops may include demonstrations, open discussions, or panels.
Workshop proposals should be about 500 words and should include:
- The topic area to be covered
- Purpose and objectives
- Outcomes for participants
- Format for the workshop
- Short autobiographical sketch of workshop leaders
- Any special room or technical requirements
Submit proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org by September 28th, 2016
Each proposal will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Significance of topic area to the theme of the conference
- Clarity of purpose and objectives
- Usefulness of outcomes to community college faculty
- Engaging and interactive format
MORE INFORMATION TO COME